At Swan Reach Primary School, we believe every student has the right:
- To feel happy and safe at school.
- To learn in an environment free of unwanted disruptions.
- To have the opportunity to achieve his / her potential.
- To be treated with respect and empathy by everyone.
School Wide Positive Behaviour Support is a framework that helps school to plan and implement practices across the whole school, to improve educational and behaviour outcomes for all students. The primary aim of School Wide Positive Behaviour Support is to improve educational outcomes for students. It achieves this through:
- Prevention of behaviour problems and management of existing issues positively and consistently.
- Developing skills and knowledge in schools for better teaching and learning
- Creating and maintaining a better school environment for students, teachers and the whole school community.
The school-wide behaviour matrix was developed by the teachers and students at Swan Reach Primary School to establish expectations of student behaviour that reflects the school values; Respect, Empathy & Resilience. It endeavours to create and maintain a positive school culture and safe, inclusive learning environments to achieve academic and social success for all students. Swan Reach Primary School continue to teach the expected behaviours through explicit lessons that teach students important skills to cope with social situations and when faced with adversity.